Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Best way to learn English


     
        

     
Four years ago I graduated from school, so I was thinking about a place that I could continue my education. I got many choices and one of the choices is to go to the USA. Almost all my friends decided to do the same thing which made the decision easy.  I got a scholarship which let me go to study there but I was uncertain about which state would be better, Colorado or California.
      My cousin’s name is Ahmed and he wanted to go with me and his uncle’s friend Ibrahim, an Egyptian guy, lives in Colorado. Ahmed suggested that it would be a good thing if you know somebody who lives over there. In Oct 2006 we went to Colorado and we were fasting. It was hard on us in the beginning but we got used to it. The next month we had a surprise with the strongest ice storm since 1976.I couldn’t stay any longer. In the Thanksgiving holily we went to California to our friend and I really enjoyed it.

    By the next year 2007 we transferred to California to the ESL program, one of the best programs to improve student English. There are several things which let you improve. First, if students chose to stay in dorm they wouldn’t meet any students who speak the same language. Second every weekend they do have a school trip which lets us communicate more. One day we went to Laguna Beach, which “is seaside resort city and artist community located in southern Orange County, California, United States, approximately 19 miles (31 km) southwest of the county seat of Santa Ana. Its population was 22,723 at the 2010 census” (http://en.wikipedia) .The student service center booked for a students’ place to barbeque. They also had a spot to play volleyball. After this day I did have a lot of friends.

    Every place is different and it depends about the person, what he likes more. I liked California because it is more outgoing than Colorado.  Some students liked to be stuck at home so they could study .Others like to study in a group outside in public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laguna_Beach,_California

No comments:

Post a Comment